Flights to/from Brussels resume from 8 April
Following the tragic events at Brussels Zaventem airport on Tuesday 22 March, a phased re-opening of the airport is currently underway and as a result we have revised our flight schedules to and from Belgium.
A number of airlines will be operating a reduced schedule to and from Brussels Zaventem airport from Friday 8 April. This reduced schedule will be in place for a number of weeks.
The airport is currently operating at reduced capacity and has a range of increased security measures which customers using the airport must comply with if they wish to travel.
Customers flying from Brussels Zaventem should be aware of the following information:
- Only customers with a confirmed booking will be allowed into the temporary airport terminal which has been created.
- The police will ask to see a printed boarding card or printed travel itinerary before entering the facility. If you cannot produce this documentation you will not be allowed to fly.
- Please do all you can to check-in online before coming to the airport and print all of the relevant documentation.
- We have disabled the ability to use mobile boarding cards on all flights from Brussels for the coming weeks as these will not be accepted by the authorities as proof of travel.
- At the request of the authorities at Brussels airport, we ask that customers arrive two hours in advance of their scheduled flight departure time.
- Customers should do all they can to keep their hand and checked baggage to a minimum as there will be extra security checks on all items.
- All customers and their baggage will go through initial security screening in the temporary facility. There will be further security screening once customers arrive in the main building as they make their way to the aircraft.
- There is currently no lounge facilities for any passengers
- There is currently no public (trains/busses) transport to/from the airport. Customers must be dropped off by private car/taxi at the designated drop off point at Parking P2. The temporary terminal facility is approximately 100m from this area.
- Customers who are being met by friends/family/taxi service will have also have to go to the Parking P2 area for collection, as nobody other than employees and travelling customers will be allowed into the main terminal area.
Full information about the new procedures at airport can be found at www.brusselsairport2203.be